The Folsom Lake Symphony was founded in 2004 to bring beautiful classical and pops music to the Folsom region. In our ten seasons, we have presented more than 50 performances of some of the finest music ever written. At least three concerts a year are dedicated to major classical repertoire by such composers as Beethoven, Brahms and Tchaikovsky. Every December we perform a holiday concert, mixing classical with traditional; and each spring we conclude our season with a pops concert featuring mainly American composers. Whatever your preferred theme, if you love wonderful music exquisitely played, we invite you to join our concerts.
- Rhythmic Heat, Sat, Oct 22, 2016, Natsuki Fukawawa, piano: Márquez - Danzón No. 2; Ravel - Piano Concert; Bernstein - Symphonic Dances from West Side Story.
- Holiday Cheer, Sat, Dec 3 - Sun, Dec 4, 2016, Alexandra Schenck, mezzo-sporano; American River College Concert Choir and Chamber Singers, Ralph Hughes, director: Celebrate with a joyful program bursting with treasures—choruses from Messiah and Chichester Psalms, goodies from The Nutcracker and Die Fledermaus, traditional holiday favorites and sing-along carols, plus lollipops from Carmen and The Barber of Seville—something for everyone!
- Russian Romance, Sat, Feb 18, 2017, Jessica Linnebach, violin: Shostakovich - Festive Overture; Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto; Prokofiev - Selections from Romeo and Juliet.
- It's About Time! (Family Concert), Sat, Mar 11, 2017: Whether this is your first orchestra adventure or you're a seasoned concert-goer, this event will keep you highly engaged. In a compact program, we explore catchy rhythmic elements in pieces ranging from a waltz and polka to Mission Impossible and more. Replete with an instrumental "petting zoo," the experience is lighthearted, highly educational, and downright fun for all ages.
- Organ Symphony, Sat, Apr 22, 2017, Elizabeth Forsyth, organ: Brahms - Academic Festival Overture; Handel - Organ Concerto in B-flat major, op. 4, no. 6; Saint-Saëns - "Organ" Symphony (Symphony No. 3).
- Festa Italiana, Sat, Jun 3 - Sun, Jun 4, 2017, Yelena Dyacheck, soprano; Eric Margiore, tenor; Bradley Wisk, tenor: Revel in an Italian-themed Pops evening with a bubbly Rossini overture, traditional Neapolitan songs, "That's Amore," beloved operatic duets and solo gems, favorite movie themes by Italian composers, and Tchaikovsky's spirited Capriccio italien. With a local vocal heroine teamed up with renowned tenors, you won't want to miss this musical feast!