Congratulations to raffle winner Lynne Yamane!
Retired school teacher Lynne Yamane won the $3,000 grand prize in the first-ever raffle to benefit Harris Center Youth Arts Education Programs.
The raffle, organized by a hard-working committee of Harris Center volunteers, generated $29,070 to support youth arts programs at the Harris Center.
Additional prize winners: #4415 Droese, R.; #4373 Eckholm, P.; #3718 Rose, M.; #3688 Lapham, M.; #3664 Freitag, N.; #3638 Omel, W.; #3489 Tadlock, C.; #3471 Connelly, K.; #3466 Steele, M.; #3391 Glazer, D.; #3269 Rodriguez, J.; #3265 Calanchini, P.; #3200 Vasquez, C.; #3150 Antilla, A.; #2833 Goodwoman, I.; #2780 Johnson, K.; #2778 Snider, R.; #2525 Basler, J.; #2485 Cabodi, G.; #2213 Rogers, J.; #2166 Jorgenson, L.; #2124 Whithead, A.; #1885 Chandler, T.; #1788 Hill, K.; #1614 Burr, K.; #1612 Hall, H.; #1500 Carruthers, R.; #1498 Wigglesworth, G.; #1313 Woody, N.; #0889 Dilbeck, R.; #0696 Churchill, S.; #0667 Doss, D.; #0442 Shoffaer, D.; #0494 Dilbeck, R.; #0320 Ayala, M.; #0303 Fugh, C.; #0280 Emery, D.; #0172 Tincher, D.; #0072 Harris, B.
The raffle was organized by a dedicated group of volunteers, which was chaired by Phil Bravermen. The team included Judi Alexander, Marshall Aronson, Patricia Fitzgerald, Kathie Hanna, Judy Johnson, Lorraine King, Chrystine Martin, Zoe Meegan, Stephanie Surillla, Cindy Templeton, and many, many others who staffed the raffle sales table during Harris Center events. More than 63 prizes were donated to the raffle, thanks to the generosity of the local business community.
The Harris Center is committed to making the arts experience an accessible and inspirational part of children's lives. Youth Arts Education Programs include ClassACTS! School Time Matinee Series, Summer Youth Arts Programs, and Youth Chamber Orchestra.
The Harris Center’s ClassACTS! School Time Matinee Series invites students to engage in the arts, through a variety of experiences gain multiple benefits that contribute to academic achievement and personal success. Our school matinee series is designed to provide a program that will entertain and inspire your students through multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary performances. Select performances will include a study guide that is linked to the K–12 California Content Standards.
Participants in the Arts Academy Summer Program will enjoy classes with master teachers who are also working artists. Classes in drawing, painting, sculpture, and printmaking will be enhanced with visits to the Harris Center Bank of America Art Gallery and a "gallery" exhibition for parents and family on the final day of each week.
The Folsom Lake College Youth Chamber Orchestra guides young string instrument students as they learn the teamwork and discipline required for excellent performances, and inspires a love for music that will last a lifetime.
Thanks to our local business donors:
Ambiance Boutique, Asante Spa, Bacchus House Wine Bar & Bistro, Bag King, BJ's Restaurant, Brainy Zoo, Broadstone Chiropractor, Chicago Fire Pizza, Cinemark Theater, Coffee Republic, Doretta Doyle (hair stylist), El Dorado Hills Sports Club, El Pueblo, Empire Ranch Golf Course, Essence & Spa, Face in a Book, Fat's Restaurant, Firehouse Subs, Fish Eye Scuba, Folsom Chevy, Folsom Ford, Folsom History Museum, Folsom Lake Chrysler, Folsom Lake Honda, Freshmex Express, Green Acres Nursery, Hacienda del Rio, Holiday Inn Express, Hoshall's Salon & Spa, Integrity Cleaning Services, Islands Restaurant, Land Ocean Restaurant, Lazy Dog Restaurant, Macaroni Grill, Manderes Restaurant, Massage Heights Palladio, Meissner Sewing & Vacuum, Mel's Original Diner, Mikuni's Restaurant, Mon Bijou Jewelers, Noodles & Company, Nugget Market, Pampered Pet Salon, Pete's Restaurant & Brewhouse, Pronto's Pizza, Raley's, Rubio's Restaurant, Rudy's Hideaway Restaurant, Ruffhaus Hot Dog Co, Sacramento Pizza & Co, sBarkles, Scotts Seafood Grill & Bar, Sculptures & Spa, Sky High, Smashburger, Steve's Pizza, Suds Car Wash, Sutter Street Steakhouse, Tan Central, Thai Paradise Restaurant, The Bag Lady, The Cliff House, The Habit Burger Grill, The Purple Place, The Spaghetti Factory, Total Wine & More, Visconti's Ristorante, Whole Foods Market.
The prizes in this Folsom Lake College Foundation ("FLCF") Raffle (the "Raffle") for the Harris Center for the Arts shall be:
- Dream Vacation Package ("Prize #1"), Valued at $3000.00 total. Prize includes $3000 in United Vacation gift cards.
- Other Prizes, valued at $150 or less.
- Winner must honor all Prize restrictions as listed on certificates, gift cards, and/or vouchers, including expiration dates. Lost or stolen certificates, gift cards, and/or vouchers cannot be replaced.
- Winner is responsible for any taxes associated with receipt of the Prize. Winner should consult his/her tax professional on what is required.
- Winner must claim and accept ownership of the Prize and complete any necessary paperwork within 30 days from date of drawing or forfeit the Prize, at which point a new Winner will be drawn.
- The price per chance, as evidenced by each Raffle ticket (a "Ticket"), is $10.00 or 3 tickets for $25, made payable in cash or by check to "Folsom Lake College Foundation" or "FLCF". FLCF also accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express in person before Presents shows and at intermission. Tickets may not be purchased online. All purchases of Tickets are non-refundable.
- BY ENTERING THIS RAFFLE, ENTRANTS ACCEPT AND AGREE (1) TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE RULES, LIMITATIONS, AND RESTRICTIONS SET FORTH HEREIN AND (2) THAT THEIR NAMES AND/OR LIKENESSES MAY BE DISCLOSED TO AND USED BY THE NEWS MEDIA AND MAY OTHERWISE BE USED BY FLCF/HARRIS CENTER FOR PUBLICITY PURPOSES AND MAY BE PUBLISHED IN REGIONAL NEWSPAPERS AND ANNOUNCED ON THE FLCF/HARRIS CENTER WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA. OTHER RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY APPLY. PLEASE CONTACT FLCF/HARRIS CENTER IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS. FLCF/HARRIS CENTER'S INTERPRETATION AND APPLICATION OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS SHALL BE FINAL.
- Tickets will be distributed and Ticket stubs will be collected in the order that purchases are received. Cash and checks will be deposited upon receipt. Checks that are returned for insufficient funds or other reasons will disqualify the Ticket.
- Grand prize drawing will be held on Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 2:00 pm PST. All other prizes will be drawn on Monday, January 22, 2018.
- A maximum of 5,000 Tickets will be sold.
- The IRS states that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the entry does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
- Winners need not be present at the drawing to win.
- Winners will be notified by the phone number and email address provided to FLCF on the Ticket.
- The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
- Each numbered Raffle Ticket stub will be placed in the Raffle Ticket container. The FLCF shall appoint a single individual who will be responsible for maintaining control and security of all of the Raffle Ticket stubs. Such individual shall, by public certification under oath at the time of the drawing, certify that all Raffle Tickets purchased have their corresponding stub in the container of stubs where the winning Raffle Ticket will be drawn. Winners will be determined by random drawing.
- Participants must be 18 or older to enter the raffle and be eligible for the Prize.
- Only one (1) person may be identified as the purchaser of a Ticket. Title to the Prize shall be in the name on the Raffle Ticket stub. Tickets are not transferable or assignable.
- Employees of the Folsom Lake College Foundation, Los Rios Foundation, the Harris Center for the Arts, the Los Rios Community College District its officers, directors, and immediate members of their families living in the same household are not eligible to win. The Harris Center at Folsom Lake College operates under the auspices of the Los Rios Community College District. The Folsom Lake College Foundation is under the auspices of the Los Rios Foundation, which holds the legal non-profit status 501(c)(3) for all Los Rios colleges (American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City) and the Harris Center for the Arts. Federal Tax ID: 94-2506591
- Proceeds of the Raffle are solely for the benefit of the Folsom Lake College Foundation for the Harris Center for the Arts Youth Arts Programs. The Folsom Lake College Foundation (Los Rios Foundation) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization registered with the Secretary of State of California.
- You may obtain raffle registration information, as well as raffle report data, from the CA Attorney General website http://rct.doj.ca.gov/MyLicenseVerification/Search. Copies of FLCF's raffle registration and raffle report are also available upon request from FLCF.
- Ticket purchasers, by participating (and Winners, by accepting a Prize) release the Folsom Lake College Foundation, Los Rios Foundation, the Harris Center for the Arts, the Los Rios Community College District and its respective Board, committee members, volunteers, partners, vendors, agents, representatives, sponsors, service agencies, and independent contractors, and each of their respective directors, officers partners, employees, and agents, including advertising, public relations, direct marketing, and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to participation in the promotion and possession or use of the Prize(s) awarded.
-- Story by Connor Jensen, Folsom Lake College
Photo: L-R Sally Howard, Director of College Advancement, Folsom Lake College, with raffle winner Lynne Yamane. (Photo by Daniel Jamieson/Harris Center)