The Harris Center’s volunteer program has been temporarily discontinued due to the current closure. Once county and state government officials will have approved gatherings in entertainment venues, we determine that we can safely reopen while effectively implementing any and all mitigation or social distancing measures including but not limited to appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and new events/performances have been scheduled, all active volunteers will be contacted via email.
Get involved – join our community of dedicated volunteers! The success of the Harris Center depends on volunteers from the community who help create an outstanding arts experience for our patrons. Volunteers should have a genuine willingness to serve in a variety of jobs:
- Ushers - welcome and seat the audience, making them feel special and ensuring overall safety.
- Office assistants - help with mailings, phone calls, and marketing tasks.
- Assist in center education programs - supporting concerts and events for schools and youth groups.
- Art gallery docents - assisting gallery visitors during gallery hours.
Volunteers must be:
- 18 years or older
- Friendly, outgoing, and enjoy working with the public
- Able to work a minimum of 2 shifts monthly (approximately 2-4 hours each shift)
- Able to handle responsibility with minimal supervision
- Willing to stay active for at least a year
- Able to stand for several hours at a time, climb stairs and read the small print on tickets
- Performance Support Volunteer: work as an usher at performances.
- Center Support Volunteer: assist in the office, help at children's programs and be an art gallery docent.