Current VolunteersLOGIN HERE
Get involved – join our community of dedicated volunteers! The success of the Harris Center depends on volunteers from the community who help create an outstanding arts experience for our patrons. Volunteers should have a genuine willingness to serve in a variety of jobs:
- Ushers - welcome and seat the audience, making them feel special and ensuring overall safety.
- Office assistants - help with mailings, phone calls, and marketing tasks.
- Assist in center education programs - supporting concerts and events for schools and youth groups.
- Art gallery docents - assisting gallery visitors during gallery hours.
Volunteers must be:
- 18 years or older
- Friendly, outgoing, and enjoy working with the public
- Able to work a minimum of 2 shifts monthly (approximately 2-4 hours each shift)
- Able to handle responsibility with minimal supervision
- Willing to stay active for at least a year
- Able to stand for several hours at a time, climb stairs and read the small print on tickets
- Performance Support Volunteer: work as an usher at performances.
- Center Support Volunteer: assist in the office, help at children's programs and be an art gallery docent.
NEXT VOLUNTEER TRAINING: WED, SEP 4, 2019 - 6:30 PM
Please fill out an application here if you plan on attending. Thank you!
Note: Volunteer applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. If you sign up, you may be wait listed if an opening is not currently available. Usher trainings are scheduled on a quarterly basis. As openings occur (and they will), you will be contacted with information pertaining to the next scheduled training opportunity.
To sign up, follow these steps:
- Read the Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Decide which type of volunteer best suits your interests and time availability.
- Fill out an online application form. We'll get back to you soon.