- Fri, May 15, 2020
- Gallery is closed to the public due to closure of Harris Center facilities.
A Virtual Tour available at the link above!
Visiting the Gallery
Based upon guidance from federal, state, and local government officials and health experts, the Harris Center for the Arts will temporarily cease operations as of July 1, 2020. These are challenging times, and we appreciate the patience and understanding of everyone in the Harris Center community as we work to address and respond to these circumstances beyond our control. We are looking forward to the day when we can see you in our audience once again. Visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information.
The Bank of America Gallery is open to the public from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday when exhibits are installed. In addition, the Gallery is open beginning one hour before, and during intermission of, each scheduled performance at Harris Center.
Regular admission to the gallery is free of charge. For some special events, an admission price may be charged and will be clearly indicated.
When visiting the Gallery, a parking permit is required. Permits are available for $2.00 per vehicle from automated kiosk dispensers located near the parking lot entrances.
Mission & History
The Bank of America Gallery, located in Harris Center for the Arts, is an important visual and cultural forum. The Gallery exhibits quality and culturally diverse artwork in support of the students’ education and the community at large. The Gallery is dedicated to:
- Sustaining and promoting the visual arts through exhibitions and programming.
- Enriching the cultural life of the campus, the local community, and the Sacramento and Sierra Foothills region.
- Providing local and statewide leadership in the exhibition of the visual arts by regional, national, and international artists.
- Enhancing visual literacy and critical thinking while encouraging high standards of artistry and craft.
- Fusing Folsom Lake College’s instructional programs in the Arts and Humanities directly to the cultural vitality of the community.
In fulfilling its mission, the Bank of America Gallery hosts exhibits of work by students, faculty, community-based artists and artists of national and international note. Exhibits rotate every 6-8 weeks throughout the year.
Bank of America made a significant contribution to the Harris Center Capital Campaign that helped support construction of the Arts Center. In recognition of this gift, this space was named the Bank of America Gallery. Bank of America has an extensive art collection and, as part of its relationship with Harris Center, has offered to make curated exhibits from its collection available for display from time to time. The first exhibit at Harris Center was a photography show provided by Bank of America from its art collection.
For more information about the gallery contact: